Here are the abstracts from our session at the MLA Convention!
Community College Sessions at MLA 2014: Chicago
• 213. Twenty-First-Century Pedagogies
Friday, 10 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Michigan–Michigan State, Chicago Marriott [Program arranged by the Two Year College Discussion Group]
• 285. Upstream Both Ways: Aligning Community Colleges and Four-Year Institutions
Friday, 10 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., O’Hare, Chicago Marriott [Program arranged by the Committee on Community Colleges]
• 418. Vulnerability and Survivalism of the Humanities in Corporatized Academia
Friday, 10 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Erie, Sheraton Chicago [Program arranged by the Community College Humanities Association]
• 533. Career Opportunities in English and Foreign Languages at Two-Year Colleges
Saturday, 11 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Addison, Chicago Marriott [Program arranged by the ADE and the ADFL]
• 606. Technology and Teaching Vulnerable Languages in Vulnerable Times
Saturday, 11 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Colorado, Sheraton Chicago [Program arranged by the Committee on Community Colleges]
• 638. Teaching Sustainability
Saturday, 11 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Chicago IX, Sheraton Chicago [Program arranged by the Two Year College Discussion Group]
[The Discussion Group on the Two Year College is holding a business meeting for the Executive Committee members immediately following session 213 somewhere, we hope, in the Marriott. At 11am, however, we invite all members to join us! For more information, contact Stacey Donohue, email@example.com, or watch for information on MLA Commons.]
Comments are closed.