At the 2014 Convention, the executive committee for the Discussion Group on the Two Year College will discuss, among other things, the changing of our name from Two Year College to Community College. To help us with such a discussion, we welcome your feedback in the comments section.
The Discussion Group on the Two Year College will have two sessions at MLA14 in Chicago. Below is the program description for one of the sessions: Please attend!
Friday, 10 January
213. Twenty-First-Century Pedagogies
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on the Two-Year College
Presiding: Stacey Lee Donohue, Central Oregon Community Coll.
1. “Not on Wikipedia: Making the Local Visible,” Laurel Harris, Queensborough Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. “Survival Spanish Online: Designing a Community College Course That Bridges Culture and Authentic Connections,” Cecilia McGinniss Kennedy, Clark State Community Coll., OH
3. “Sound Essays: A Cure for the Common Core,” Kathryn O’Donoghue, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
4. “Leveling Up! Gamifying the Literature Classroom,” Jessica Lewis-Turner, Temple Univ., Philadelphia
For abstracts visit mla.hcommons.org/groups/the-two-year-college/announcements/ after 15 Dec.